Monday, June 8, 2009

Yasmin Ahmad

Yasmin Ahmad is a film director from Malaysia. Check here to know more about her.

First time I saw her work is through this below ad (but at that time I did not know she directed the ad). I love this one! So honest and so funny! :)



Second time I knew about her work is from her movie, Muallaf. I saw the trailer at one of the cinema in Sg. First time I saw the trailer I was so interested to watch the movie. Then I knew that she directed the movie.



The third work of hers that I saw was the commercial for the Sg government about family. I think it was so brilliant!



Today I had a 'small research' to know about her and her other works.

Apparently, she has two blogs, part 1 and part 2. There you could see some of her other works, the awards presented to her, what she is currently working on, etc.

Trailers of her previous movies...








Some of the commercials she directed... *very touching... I would either cry or laugh when I watched these*











My fave... :)




Still got so many others, but most of them in Bahasa Melayu. Just check Youtube to see her other works (and movies!)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yasmin Ahmad rocks! Malaysians love her ads and we looking forward to them every year! But sadly I think she is currently residing in Singapore cos lack of media freedom in Malaysia.