Saturday, April 3, 2010

Unexpectedly Amazing Weekend

Unexpectedly...

Big boss suddenly pushed me to cancel my resignation. Offered me better salary plus commission. Is it evil trying to tempt me with money when I commited to follow God's calling? Or God is trying to tell me that my time there is not finished yet?

Confused with the all the possibilities and choices.

Unexpectedly...

A friend introduced me to Rev. HR who has been serving HIM in China in the past 7 years. And he is gonna have another trip in May (17-26). My planned trip is from 10-22, so I'm supposed to be able to take part in the first 5 days of their trip. I have always prayed that this trip would be a meaningful one, a life-changing one. Is it the answer from GOD?

Also want to share my conversation with Rev. HR who has been an encouragement for me personally:

At first, Rev. HR asked me whether I was prepared for the worst. I asked him what it was, and he replied, "You might be arrested." I actually had a worse idea in my mind, which is death. So, arrest would be more lenient than it. That's why I firmly replied back, "I'm okay with it." But, what troubled me more is my lack of Mandarin language. I let him know that I can't speak Mandarin. "Can I still be helpful?" I asked. He answered me, "Although small, still can be used. Although a little bit, still can be used." ("Meskipun kecil, tetap dipakai. Meskipun sedikit, tetap dipakai."). I felt like a fool, that is the theme for our Mission Week! What was I thinking? Have I forgotten what message had been delivered through the sermon? Ittaaaa! Arrgghhh!

What encourage me more is when I asked him whether he was able to speak Mandarin since he was a child. He told me, "No. I started to learn Mandarin when I was 34 years old when I was sent to China, just then I started to pick up Mandarin." His answer struck me. For a few seconds I was speechless. In my mind I thought, "Hei, Ita! See this man! He started to learn Mandarin when he was 34 years old. You are now ONLY 26 years old! Definitely still be able to learn!" Jiayou! :D

Well... regardless of what will happen next (whether I will go with his team or not), I learned a valuable lesson from this conversation.

Unexpectedly...

Me, a counsellor, become counsellee :p I realise I might not be as strong as I appear, that is why I was so touched by the song "Safe Within Your Arms" sung on the second day of Revival Meeting, by four God-gifted singers. At that time, I felt "haunted" when I thought about my future life where my life will not be mine alone, but to be shared to a lot of people. I imagined myself dealing with people's expectation, people's demands, people's needs. Why did it occur in my mind? Because on the first day of Revival Meeting, I made a commitment to give ALL to GOD. Then after that I started trying to foresee what might happen when I give ALL to HIM. But the result was that "haunted" feeling. But GOD is good, during altar call on the second day, Rev. AC asked whether there was anybody who wanted him to pray for them. Of course I did! :) And in his prayer he mentioned about unwavering faith. Yes, that is one thing that I need: UNWAVERING FAITH.


2 comments:

Janicelees said...

Lord, I give up my own plans and purposes
All my own desires and hops
and accept Thy will for my life
I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee, to be Thine, forever
Fill me and seal me with thy Holy Spirit
Use me as Thou wilt
Send me where Thou wilt
Work out Thy whole will in my life
At any cost, now and forever…

by Betty Scott Stam

Betty wrote this prayer before she saw her husband was beheaded and later her own. She left her one month baby and few bucks to whomever found their baby.

I dunno I just reminded of their story after I read your blog.

ps: sebel, cepet bgt bobonya loe hari ini!

Janicelees said...

Ita, I think this poem by Amy C. can comfort you :)

http://janicelees.blogspot.com/2010/01/cloud.html