Thursday, September 17, 2009

Peace

Live in Peace. (L.I.P) *not R.I.P :p*

That is how I have been in the past 2 weeks.

Based on my current situation, I've been trying to think some bad scenarios that might happen to me in the future (eventhough I'm not supposed to)
Well... the conclusion is... What should I fear of? What bad thing that could happen to me?
Unemployment? It just prove that GOD gives me more time to be quiet, to search the Truth more deeply, and to set my eyes more to other people. Anyway, I have been there. And I enjoyed every moment of it.
No money as the result of being jobless? I still have family in Bandung that would accept me as who I am. And I could just start a new chapter of life there.

What else that I could think of?
Suffering? Sickness? Loneliness? My experiences with those kind of things just made me closer to GOD as well as grew in faith & hope in HIM
Persecution from people around me? Not afraid. I will hang on to GOD. Just do what HE wants me to do. In the end all people will see how great is my GOD.
Death? Even death is considered gain for me :) Well.. if I could choose, I would choose to live. But... "my times are in Your hands" (Psalm 31: 15a)

How can I come to this state of peace?
Read Bible. Read good books. Don't read rubbish.
And reflect on what we read.

These are a few (from many many many) important and useful things that I learned from reading:
1. Psalm 56:3 says "When I am afraid, I will trust in you." But, Isaiah 12:2 is better to say: "Surely God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid" (this one thanks to Pastor Warren Wiersbe)
Trust first, then I won't be afraid. But, even if I feel afraid, there's a way out, which is to trust in HIM. Amazing rite? I'm currently in the process to trust everything in God's hands. All I need to do is obey.
2. As usual, Elisabeth Elliot has always been my inspiration! I'll quote her again: "We are meddling with God's business when we let all manner of imagining loose, predicting disaster, contemplating possibilities instead of following, on day at a time, God's plain and simple pathway. "As thy days so shall thy strength be" (Deuteronomy 33:25). God knows how to apportion each one's strength according to that day's need. Faithfulness today is the best preparation for the demands for tomorrow."

Apart from reading... Listen to good songs. Hymns & worship songs. Don't listen to rubbish.
I would just close my eyes and let myself absorb every word to be my prayer to GOD.

Well... it is too good to be true. Therefore I believe GOD is preparing me for something "big". Most probably a huge storm. Hmm... let's see...
For now, I would just equip myself with 1 Corinthians 10:12-13
"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

How beautiful a life lived in, with, and for GOD! :)

2 comments:

Janicelees said...

Oh what a great quote she has! talking about meddling with God's business...yeah thanks for a reminder! and what good advices you gave. I will try to be discipline.

Ita said...

@Goo Jun Pyo fan: Thanks to you for introducing me to EE! :D