Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Change in Me

Another post for today! ^.^

Well... this weekend I took a lot of time alone.

Yesterday, after half-day work, I went home, had lunch, clean carpet, took a nap *for 3 hours! Haha*, read books *for 3 hours also! what a privilege!*
Today I went home early from church. Read books *again! Haha... Yea... just can't get enough of it! so thirsty la...)

And of course... more time alone means more time to reflect about anything that I could reflect of... (it's a good habit! I would encourage all of you to reflect and write journals - everyday - in the midst of this hectic life)

And... I reflect about why lately I talked less, generally, but especially at home...
When I arrived at home, I dun wanna talk, just wanna read books, write journals, go online, and sleep... no talk. *this is started by the conversation with my room mate a few days ago*
And... why I lately rejected some invitation to hang-out...

I think... think... and think... and came out to a conclusion that... it's because of my current job.
It's about BALANCE.
At work, I did a lot of talk. I teached. Almost talk the whole day. And afterwork, of course, I'm getting tired of talking :p
On the contrary, my roommate is an Accountant. Her work doesn't need her to talk. That's why after work she really wants to talk.
So... in our bedroom... she would do the talk... and i would be quiet. Haha.

Yup. Life. Must have balance.
There's a time to go out and meet people. But there's also time to be alone.
There's a time to talk. There's also time to listen.

Well.. as simple as that..
Keep the balance, guys!

1 comment:

Anne said...

yea... sometimes it's difficult to keep the balance, but it's important, cos once you lose it, it's hard to get it back. keep it up girl!