Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 09

This is the song sung by Sanctuary Choir today in celebration of Mother's Day... so touching... miss my mom :'(

"Mama"
by: Il Divo

Mama thank you for who I am
Thank you for all the things I'm not
Forgive me for the words unsaid
For the times
I forgot

Mama remember all my life
You showed me love,You sacrificed
Think of those young and early days
How I've changed
along the way

And I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I'm sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
I miss you, I miss you

Mama forgive the times you cried
Forgive me for not making right
All of the storms I may have caused
And I've been wrong
Dry your eyes

Mama I hope this makes you smile
I hope you're happy with my life
At peace with every choice I made
How I've changed
Along the way
And I know you believed in all of my dreams
And I owe it all to you, Mama

This song really struck me... especially the last verse (in bold)... That is the thing that I would like most for my mom to feel. I know that there are some choices I made that she could not understand at first (came to Sg, resigned from my work and as a result I need to be jobless for months, taking SBC course, etc).

She would feel worried... She would ask why... She would seek for clarification...

Well, Mom, I know it's quite difficult for you to understand me as I'm not the type of person that is really open about everything. I have been trying to explain everything to you but sometimes it might not clear enough to ease your mind. And I just hope that you trust me enough with every choice that I made...

And I really thank you for your prayers...
I remember when I was 6... I would be the little child that sleep between you and Dad :p
And everyday... yes... everyday... I could hear you praying for each of us, your children. I could hear clearly that you mentioned my name in your prayers. And I believe you still do it till today...

You, and your prayers, are the biggest blessing God gives to me in my life :)

And if, in the future, I make choices that you couldn't understand nor agree... please let me know... and please pray for me so that every choice I make is the best choice according to God's will. I know you have great dreams for me, and I know that what I'm going through now is somehow not the same as you have dreamed about. I sincerely ask you to pray for me that I would give the best for God... and that you are at peace with every choice that I will make, knowing that it comes from The Source of Life.

Luv you, Mom. God bless.

1 comment:

Janicelees said...

Sama Ta!!! sama2 last verse juga.