Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Make Me a Blessing


Make me a blessing -

1. Out in the highways and byways of life,
many are weary and sad;

Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife

making the sorrowing glad.

Refrain:

Make me a blessing,
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life
May Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O savior, I pray,

Make me a blessing to someone today.


2. Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love;

Tell of His pow'r to forgive;

Others will trust Him if only you prove

true ev'ry moment you live.

*Refrain


3. Give as 'twas given to you in your need;

Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed;

Unto your mission be true.


*Refrain

Alternatively, you could hear the song here.

This song has been in my mind in the last two weeks. That's why I was so happy when we sang it in the last Sunday Service :)
It's just so in line with my motto in life: "Blessed... to be a blessing"
It would be my ideal life... my dream... my commitment...

This song would remind me to:

1. Recall the blessings that God provides for me (physically, mentally, spiritually).
Why? Because to be a blessing I need to realise that I have been blessed. Or else, I won't have anything to bless others and I will end up becoming a 'fake' blessing.

2. Thank HIM for everything He has done in my life.

3. Deny myself.
I'm in the learning process of denying myself.
Recently, I have been reminded about it, especially through the I Corinthians that I'm 'digging' right now. I'm reminded that life is not about me.
Life is about HIM. Life is about others.
Wew... sounds tough, rite? It IS SUPER TOUGH! Haha!
I believe it would be a life-long learning.
Learning to let go of MY own dream, MY own ambition, and MY own desires.
Right now I'm still in the process of discerning my desires with HIS desires. After that, there's still long way to go :p
Well... learning to take it step by step :)

Genesis 12:2
"And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee,
and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing"

1 comment:

Anne said...

Ita that was a wonderful sharing. You taught me something new too. Yes indeed we are blessed to bless others, just that too many times we complain too much and forgot others' needs. Admire your faith and commitment, keep it going. I'm learning to denying self and start praying to make me a blessing for others. :)