Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Farewell with Rev. Jahja & Ev. Jung2

Rev. Jahja was my church pastor for the last 9 months and Ev. Jung2 is his wife. Both of them serve GOD together with us in Singapore. For me, their character and their life has been a model to follow...

1. Humility.
Pa Jahja is a very humble person. He never boast about his strength or achievements but he always compliment us for what we have done. He has the heart of a true servant. Serve God and serve others, no more.
There was once I bought sambal fried rice to the church secretariat before we have Prayer Meeting. I was so hungry and so ready to eat it. But... I dropped it! *fool Ita!* I was so upset with myself at that time. Then when I cleaned the mess on the floor, Pa Jahja came to me and relaxly said, "Wa.. you dropped your sambal fried rice?! Do not worry, now I will go buy for you again". I tried to hinder him but he insisted to go. He bought me the sambal fried rice and refused to be paid. "I'm your father. A daughter never needs to pay her father." I really touched by his act of service. It calmed my previously-upset heart and replaced it with gratitude.

2. The importance of process
Pa Jahja always reminds us to love GOD through our whole life and ministry. Once after we performed a Christmas musical drama, he told all of us, "The musical drama will be useless if after this you don't love GOD more."
Love God instead of the ministry. Love God instead of His blessings only. Love God instead of His Word only.

3. To speak from the heart
Every sermon, every counselling time, every conversation, was very powerful, because they always speak from their heart. Never try to cover their weakness, never try to lie, and it came out from their true life experience.

4. To serve others unrelentingly
I sometimes really lazy to talk to people, especially when I myself also busy. But when I saw their lives, I saw great people of GOD that dedicated their energy and time to help others. Eventhough they are tired (go to Bandung back and forth, use their leave time in the US to minister with packed schedule), they will try their best to visit people, pray for others, share their experiences or give encouragement.

Thank you, Pa Jahja & Bu Jung2, for being a role model to me. I really wanna have a shepherd heart like you. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. You will be greatly missed! :'(

1 comment:

Janicelees said...

iya euy...Orang seperti pak Jahja langka...yang penuh dengan kasih dan kesungguhan. Very inspiring...hidup yg mencerminkan Kristus. Ingin seperti beliau

jadi kangen pisan sama mereka...