Sunday, February 8, 2009

GOD is My Source of Strength

Yeah... that's the main theme of my life for this week.

Went through the first week of new job...
It's like starting a new life... I have to deal with different biological clock and also different physical and psychological strains (of course!)
Sleeping 5-6 hours a day... Woke up at 6am... Went home at 10.30ish...
Everyday moving here and there- from Little India office (am) to Jurong East office (pm), classes at Adam Road, Japanese course, Toho, etc.
All the readings & homework, not to mention drama practice...

But... after I went through this week... it's actually not as scary as I thought it would be...
Honestly I was a little bit worried everytime I thought about all of the things that I have to do this week. I was afraid I would give so much burden to my brain & body and afraid that I wouldn't have enough rest.
Friday night I looked like zombie already :p One of my house mate even asked me, "Are you okay? You looked tired" *Maybe because of my panda eyes :)*
At the time that I needed rest more... God provided me a good rest on Saturday (He really know my limit and what I need!)... I should have had a drama practice on Saturday at 4pm but the director canceled it because he was satisfied at the rehearsal we did on Friday night :) So, Saturday after half-day work, I went home and sleep!!!

I had a reflection on my life this week, to answer a question, "Why it was not as 'scary' as I thought?" I found out that the real source of strength for me was not mainly come from the 'additional' sleep on Sat, but from the quiet times I had every morning and the prayer times in the bus on the way to work *I have always had a seat in the bus! Because my bus stop is only one stop from the interchange :)* And... the new habit of writing "spiritual journal" and "prayer lists" that's recommended by my pastor through her sermon at Youth Fellowship the previous week. What's that?
1. Spiritual journal. My pastor told us to start writing journal everyday while we are in the middle of quiet times. When we read the Scripture and something came up to our mind, we have to write it rigt after, so we won't forget.
Spiritual journal contains: things you've done, things you haven't done, things you should do, what you learnt from Scripture reading... basically any thought that come out of your mind during your quiet times!
2. Prayer lists. It's a prayer lists :) that we have to renew everyday. When I started this, EVERYDAY I saw that God answers my prayer and ALSO gave me additional things to pray for. Relationship with God is truly a dynamic one :)

I'm really grateful that I have passed this week well. Thank you, LORD :)

"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

No comments: