Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lagi pengen nyanyi "Prayer of St. Francis"

Things felt a little bit different when I came back here, makes me just wanna sing "The Prayer of St. Francis". It is one of my favourite song, as the lyric is so wonderful, and I particularly like the alto part :) I once sang it with G2G Youth Choir.

There are many versions of the song, but the version we sang was the one similar to this version. Watch it, enjoy the song and contemplate the lyric!

Prayer of St. Francis (original version)

Lord, make me an instrument of thy PEACE.
Where there is hatred, let me sow LOVE;
Where there is injury, PARDON;
Where there is doubt, FAITH;
Where there is despair, HOPE;
Where there is darkness, LIGHT;
Where there is sadness, JOY.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


Ahhh... mimpi yang sangat tinggi!
Sometimes I feel that I won't be able to make it...
Udah ampir pengen nyerah...
Pengen terus ngerasa kesel... pengen sekali2 ga peduli...
Tapi gua tau itu ga boleh.
Coz my life is not mine rite? It's Yours... MUST set aside what I wanna do and live according to Your will...
My heart really wanna rebel, Lord, so pleaseee, grant me PERSISTENCE...
I REFUSE TO GIVE UP, AND I DON'T WANT TO BE APATHETIC.

Hahhh... gua ga mau cuma bisa nyanyi doank... gua pengen bisa aplikasiin...

No comments: