Friday, August 20, 2010

Bible Quiz

It is a common practice for TTC to held a Bible Quiz for all full-time students at the beginning of the semester. The purpose is to give a brief description for the lecturer on the students' knowledge of the Bible so they can teach us accordingly.
I remember that I finished the quiz very fast. Why? Because I dunno most of the answer. I decided not too push myself to answer correctly, because that would give false impression on my Bible knowledge. If I don't know the answer, I will skip. I won't pretend that I know.
Then I received the result. It's 63%.
It IS low :p I asked some of my friends on their result... 79%... 88%... 70%... and I heard that one of the students got 94%!
I was not disappointed. The result totally reflected my Bible knowledge. I might be the only student who never read the whole Bible.

I remembered in Theology class we were talking about it with the lecturer. And he mentioned, "Your faith is not measured by how much Bible facts you know."
Well, I replied, "Amen" :)
But, of course, it doesn't mean that I can just go away with it. I am now more realised on how important for me to be to study at TTC and how important the weekly OT quiz for me :)

The next day after I received the result, I pondered about it. I was reminded by what Oswald Chambers mentioned during my quiet times a week before. I flipped through my journal and I found this note:
"Oh, the bravery of God in trusting us! Do you say,"But He has been unwise to choose me, because there is nothing good in me and I have no value?" That is EXACTLY why He chose you. As long as you think that you are a value to Him, He cannot choose you, because you have purposes of your own to serve"

Tears rolled down from my eyes when I read that quote again. I prayed. I thanked God for choosing me, this girl with little knowledge of Bible. I felt so unworthy, yet God trust me.
God... trust... me.
Wow, this is something big. Beyond my comprehension. Which is the very reason to believe more that it is God's works. Totally His works.

1 comment:

Janicelees said...

kalo ini facebook post, I would LIKE!!! and give a lot of thumbs. Nice aye oswald chambers.