Friday, November 13, 2009

Souvenirs from Bandung

After more than one year, I finally went back my lovely hometown, Bandung, from 1-8 Nov :)

Now, let me unpack my bag and check whether I had souvenirs from Bandung...
Hmm... yup, I had quite a lot :)

Souvenir 1
Lord, thank you for the Revival Meeting I attended that once again reminded me about death. I was asked two questions about death:
The first question was "Are you afraid of death?"
To answer this question, I would say, "No, I'm not, because even if I die, I know for sure that I will be with the Lord in the best place."
The second question was "If you have to die now, are you ready?"
Logically speaking, if I'm not afraid of death, I should have answered "Yes" for this question. But somehow I couldn't feel confidence to answer "Yes", because in my mind and in my heart I believe that I haven't lived my life to the fullest. I haven't done well what God has called me to be and to do.
The second question has been a small wake-up call for me to start to take action of what I'm going to do in my future... I keep on praying that everything will go well according to HIS plan.

Went home from Revival Meeting to find a shocking news that one of my dogs has gone blind! Both eyes!T.T

Souvenir 2
Had a rare chance to gather with the complete set of my extended family from my Mom's side! :) Many of them intentionally came to Bandung. All of us went to photo studio and took pictures! That was the first studio photo I had since I moved to Sg 3 years ago.
I still believe that family members are the best people for me to be with. I felt safe... I felt love... I felt protection... and I felt that I didn't need to put a lot of efforts to bond with them again eventhough we haven't met for so long... it just happened naturally...

Souvenir 3
Went to doctor to consult on my blocked and runny nose that had been going on for 1 month. He gave me two kinds of medicine and gave me 2 advise to improve my immune system (the lack of it has resulted to the prolonged blocked nose):
First, not to sleep very late (which I always did in Sg). I usually went to sleep between 2-2.30am.
First, not to go on a diet. Well, I wasn't not really on a diet, but I think the problem is I have not eaten enough healthy food. I eat a lot, but not much nutrition on the food I consumed in Sg.
What the doctor said to me has made me thinking whether I had been taken good care of my health when I was in Sg. Well, I didn't think so. It seemed that I had difficulties take care of my health if I'm far away from my parents. Last year when I went back to Bandung, I got quite bad uric acid (asam urat) and high cholesterol >.<
Since I came back to Sg on 8 Nov, I have been trying to sleep early. About food, it's still quite difficult for me to get healthy food here... On the process to live a healthy lifestyle...

Souvenir 4
When nobody couldn't drive me to where I wanted to go, I would take taxi, therefore I had a chance to chat with some taxi drivers.
There was one common theme on what they would talk about: They would "complain" that nowadays it is very difficult to earn for a living. Two main factors that contributed to it are competition with other taxi provider and traffic jams.
Along the way, I would ask them about their family. It somehow make them realized that things haven't gone so bad as their family still afford basic needs as foods, house, and clothes. They even still be able to afford the school tuition fee! Well, not that bad, rite? Maybe we should reflect on what we have before we start to complain :)
I hope in the future I could meet people like them and help them realize to be thankful of the things they have instead of complaining because of the great things that they did not have...

Souvenir 5
My friend's wedding! One of the happiest moment in my life :)
It gave me a chance to welcome some friends to come to Bandung.
Well... I'm very very very proud of Bandung! Nice weather... reasonable price... friendly people... good food... :D

Well... there are some of the souvenirs I took from Bandung...

After the refreshing and recharging moment in Bandung, I went back to Sg to find myself loving my job more. Just luv it and enjoy it. And I also learn to spend time with GOD more. I slept earlier, woke up earlier, and double up my quiet times. Just nice!

What a worth getaway :D

No comments: