Monday, October 26, 2009

A "Spiritual Giant" That Has Been A Source of Inspiration for A Woman That Has Been An Inspiration For Me

by Amy Carmichael
Amy Carmichael’s Confession of Love

My Vow
Whatsoever Thou sayest unto me, by Thy grace I will do it.

My Constraint
Thy love, O Christ, my Lord.

My Confidence
Thou art able to keep that which I have committed unto Thee.

My Joy
To do Thy will, O God.

My Discipline
That which I would not choose, but which Thy love appoints.

My Prayer
Conform my will to Thine.

My Motto
Love to live, live to love.

My Portion
The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance.

Teach us, good Lord, to serve Thee as Thou deservest;
to give and not to count the cost;
to fight and not to heed the wounds;
to toil and not to seek for rest;
to labor and not to ask for any reward
save that of knowing that we do Thy will, O Lord our God.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quoted from
The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael—A Chance to Die
written by Elisabeth Elliot.
This was Amy Carmichael’s Confession of Love.
Amy Carmichael (1867-1951) was an Irish missionary to India.
She spent fifty-three years in South India without furlough.
She was known as “Amma” or “mother” by the hundreds of children that she
rescued from moral danger and raised to love and know Jesus Christ.
Amy was a Godly woman who gave her life unreservedly to serve the Lord.

Note:
Hope you understand the title :)

Hint:
A woman that has been an inspiration for me = Elisabeth Elliot

2 comments:

Janicelees said...

you got that book " a chance to die"???

kyaaa

Ita said...

Oopss, sorry, I think I made a wrong impression. I don't have "A Chance To Die". The source that I quoted actually got it from that book.

First time I read the "Confession of Love" is from WW's book "50 People Every Christian Should Know: Learning from the Spiritual Giants of The Faith". There's a chapter on Amy Carmichael and WW quoted it :)