Monday, July 6, 2009

Ko Anes



The political analyst in batik is my cousin! (notice that we have 'almost same' surname. Hehe) I call him Ko Anes (Yohanes).
I'm so proud of him! :)
Never talked to him since about 14 years ago, coz he went to US and almost never went back to Bandung (hometown). Earned his Ph.D. in Political Science under the supervision of the very prominent Indonesianist, Prof. R. William Liddle.
Chatted with him through Facebook yesterday (finally after 14 years... but I think he forgot about me. Haha). Caught up with him on what we are doing now. It was great! I feel very connected to him eventhough we haven't been in contact for ages.
Turn out that we had common passion: Political Science/International Relations and GOD :) But different emphasize. He is more to Politics and I'm more to Theology :p

Glad to know that he is now back for good (Bandung & Jakarta), and will contribute to Indonesian political scene with his newly-established research organization. Wish him all the best for his future!

PS: He is still single! :D Anyone interested?

No comments: