Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Look to the Past and Future

It was my birthday 2 days ago but I was too busy (and excited) to reflect so I can only blog now.

The D-day was wonderful! Got several presents that I really like (book from my favourite author, shoes of my favourite brand) and what I will definitely need for my future (book vouchers, money.. haha). Did some of my favourite things (taking a walk in the park, picnic, conversations and laughters). I was made more realised that my love language is to spend quality time with the people I love. BIG thanks to all who have prepared it! Love you guys so much! :)

Now, time to give thanks and share.

Looking back to the past one year, I could see that GOD was showing me HIS face and lending me HIS hands. HIS work was remarkable. Beyong imagination.
- I was reconfirmed of my calling in life
- GOD progressively revealed to me HIS vision for my life. And it really makes my life more meaningful and more directed/focused. I am more sure of what to do, what decision to make and how to react on circumstances.
-GOD changed my family: My elder brother stopped smoking and started to go to church. My mom learned to let me go to pursue GOD's will in my life, not her will *I know it is not easy, that is why I thanked GOD for this particular process in her life*
-A job that has given me the opportunity to exercise patience, perseverance, and compassion in dealing with people (bosses, colleagues, students) and... teaching skills.
-Joining TMA and met Pastor Glenn. Remarkable experience! Was encouraged to reflect and write journal. Was given some theory that is very applicable in life and ministry.
-Small Group! Totally awesome! We helped each other to be more like Christ and to do GOD's will in our lives. We shared our burden. We discussed issues or difficult questions. We had outings. And what was more important... we ate together!!!! :p

And not just looking back, I also try to look to the future with hope...
-A 2-week trip cum personal retreat to Beijing (hopefully plus Shanghai) in May
-Building solid foundation in life & ministry in 3 years (hopefully TTC)
-Sent to the field for 4.5 years (hopefully IEC)
-Diploma in Education Psychology/Youth Services? Developing Youth Centre/TMA in Indonesia (start in Bandung)? Compile my blog post/personal journal/reflections into a book? Master Degree in Pastoral/Spiritual Theology? Ups.. Haha... maybe too far :p Relax Ita! You haven't even started with the foundation...

Well... who knows the future? Only GOD. I can write what I foresee, but the final say is HIS. But I DO SO EXCITED of my future! Will definitely not be as easy as my life now, but looking forward for every process, rebuke, growth, and transformation. Whatever my lot, LORD. Whatever my lot...