Friday, January 22, 2010

The Light of Jesus & the Darkness of the World

This week is quite a tough week for us at work because our manager (cum trainer) went back to his hometown for 2 weeks for health reason. It means more workload for each of us. The past few days I saw "new" things happen. The usually-patient colleague was getting more impatient.


But today was 'amazing' at work. During lunch time, one of my colleague, out of the blue, shouted angrily to another colleague. Then she threw every thing she could reach at him. Sanitizer... water bottle... pensil case... you name it. She was histerically crying, shouting, and throwing things. In front of people! (about 20 of them?)

I did not understand a thing, because they spoke in Mandarin, so I'd rather not speculate.

Somehow I still could not believe that it happened. Never ever once imagine that she could do such thing. She seemed like a nice, naive, and weak girl.
What happened to people?
Is it stress? Is it fear? Is it insecurity? Or overload?
Human... so fragile... so weak... so... dunno what to say anymore...


I was shocked. After work I just went home. Guess what I did?
I took shower... and slept for two hours. Need to recover my physical and mental state.
Woke up fresher :) Then come the time to recover the spiritual state.

There are still so many questions in mind. But there is a song that I was kept reminded to. A song that we sang in the Prayer Meeting the day before:





"Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus"

O soul are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Saviour,
And life more abundant and free

[Chorus:]
Turn you eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu'rors we are!

[Chorus]

His word shall not fail you He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well.
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

[Chorus]

And... a small scoop of sharing from my quiet time this morning (studying Genesis now): "The missionary mandate of the church does not begin with John 3:16 or Matthew 28:18-20. It begins with God's covenant with Abraham. We are blessed that we might be a blessing." (WWW)

Blessed to be a blessing. A motto of my church. And I adopted it to be my life motto.

Blessed to be a blessing...

Can I?

No comments: